Cystitis in early pregnancy all methods of treatment
Cystitis in early pregnancy: all treatments
Cystitis in early pregnancy: all treatments
Cystitis – a disease of inflammatory nature in the bladder. This disease is quite common, with illiterate treatment or in its absence, can lead to inflammation of other organs located in the pelvis, kidneys and the urinary system as a whole. Typically, it is women who suffer from cystitis, and this is explained by the structure of the urethra (the canal in women is wide and short, and it is not difficult for pathogenic bacteria to penetrate it).
Women fall ill with cystitis in the very first weeks of gestation due to reduced immunity and a huge change in hormonal levels during this period. The disease can lead to serious complications both for the health of the mother and for the proper development of the embryo, and therefore requires immediate treatment. Not all women understand that if cystitis occurs during pregnancy in the early stages – treatment is necessary.
The content of the article
- Causes of frequent cystitis in pregnant women
- The danger of cystitis in early pregnancy
- Drug treatment in the early stages
Treatment of folk remedies
Alternative methods (heating pad, bath, etc.)
Influence of cystitis on fertility
- Permitted Drugs
- Relatively safe drugs
- What categorical can not
Causes of frequent cystitis in pregnant women
Symptoms of cystitis during pregnancy often ahead of the very news about the situation. After all, the disease very often occurs in the very first weeks of gestation, when a pregnant woman does not know what is already waiting for the child.
Cystitis in the early stages of pregnancy is accompanied by symptoms such as:
- burning sensation when urinating;
- body temperature rises;
- there are frequent urge to urinate at short intervals (including false ones), while the woman can excrete a very small amount of urine and constantly feels that the bladder is not fully released;
- in the urine you can notice blood or even pus;
- isolated urine is turbid and has a putrid odor;
- pain and discomfort are felt in the pelvis and urinary canal.
E. coli, chlamydia, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, staphylococcus – these pathogenic microorganisms and various fungi are most often the basis for the development of cystitis, including in the first weeks of pregnancy, since during this period the hormonal background and the bacterial microflora of mucous membranes change dramatically. Dangerous microbes are able to penetrate into the urethra after intercourse, or the disease occurs as a result of improper adherence to the rules of hygiene.
Causes of cystitis:
- Immune weakening. In the first weeks of gestation, tremendous changes occur in the woman’s body and he purposefully weakens his own immunity so that the defenses do not perceive the fetus as a foreign body and do not drive it out, that is, in order to avoid a miscarriage. A woman’s body cannot cope with its main function of protecting against foreign and pest organisms, which leads to the penetration and reproduction of bacteria that lived on the mucous membranes even before the onset of gestation, and now they have liothyronine bodybuilding completely disarmed.
- With the exacerbation of diseases of the urogenital system, which are of a chronic nature, the risk of adding a secondary infection in the form of cystitis increases.
- Long-term use of drugs that are excreted in the urine and cause irritation of the urinary organs. Metabolites and other components of these medicines can provoke cystitis, reduce the body’s immune defense and alter hormonal levels.
- Hypothermia and colds often lead to cystitis in pregnant women. A woman should take care of her health and keep her legs, lower back, abdomen and external genital organs warm; you should wear warm clothing according to the weather from natural materials. It is worth remembering that now she is responsible not only for her health, but also for the condition of the child.
- Overheating. Visiting hot baths and saunas, hot baths provoke a change in the composition of the microflora and can cause the development of cystitis.
- Allergic reactions to various environmental factors are the reason for the reproduction of dangerous bacteria in the urinary tract and bladder. The cause may be allergies to hygiene and cosmetics, food products and personal care products.
- Stress states. Oddly enough, when a person experiences a nervous strain or is experiencing something, he has exacerbated chronic diseases.
- Infectious processes in other organs that go to cystitis.
- Wearing close synthetic underwear, including strings.
- Stasis of urine and pressure of the enlarged uterus in the early stages. It should be as often as possible to go to the toilet for a small need.
The danger of cystitis in early pregnancy
Cystitis occurs on average almost 60% of all women in the position, most often it occurs in the first weeks and months. If you start this disease and treat it lightly, then there may be serious complications in the form of pyelonephritis and inflammation of the mucous membrane of the bladder. Most often, the disease occurs at the very beginning of pregnancy, when pathogens and infections attack the urogenital system of women. This is due to pronounced changes in hormonal levels and structural features of the female body.
Cystitis in the early stages of pregnancy occurs in an infectious or non-infectious form.
Among the main causes of non-infectious inflammation of the bladder are:
- weakening the immunity of women;
- intestinal dysbiosis;
- colpitis (vaginal dysbacteriosis);
- irritation and / or damage to the bladder mucosa.
If earlier – before pregnancy – a woman had cystitis, and the illness acquired a chronic character, then at the time of gestation the disease will definitely be felt. Therefore, even during the planning period, the expectant mother should worry about getting rid of all chronic diseases threatening a relapse, and strengthen the immune system.
Infectious form occurs as a result of the so-called "opportunistic microflora" and is caused by dangerous pathogens:
- E. coli;
- staphylococci or streptococci;
- vaginal trichomonads;
- mycoplasmas and others
Any disease with the wrong treatment has its consequences: it moves to other organs, acquires the status of "chronic" and generally weakens the immune system. It is especially dangerous to start the disease during gestation, as the infection can adversely affect the health of the mother and the fetus, including causing disruption of its development when it is not completely protected, and even death, followed by miscarriage.
What happens if you do not treat or start cystitis in the first trimester:
- Pyelonephritis. Pathogens through the channels and through the blood are able to move up into the kidneys. Inflammation of the kidneys is called pyelonephritis and is characterized by high fever and sharp pain in the lumbar region. This disease requires immediate hospitalization and long-term antibiotic treatment (most often intramuscular injections are given), an ultrasound scan and a doctor’s observation.
- A baby is born with a weight less than the standard – one of the possible consequences of cystitis during gestation.
- Premature and prolonged labor, which can harm the health of the baby.
To avoid such consequences, you should immediately consult a doctor at the first signs of cystitis, and in no case should you engage in self-treatment. The therapist will prescribe those drugs that do not harm the fetus, and which can be taken during gestation in the first weeks.
Drug treatment in the early stages
During pregnancy, especially in the first trimester, the treatment of any disease, including cystitis, may be approved drugs – antibiotics, which are absolutely harmless to the health of the baby.
In the first weeks the fetus is vulnerable, the placenta is in the developmental stage and cannot protect the baby from the harmful effects of the components of certain drugs. If you do not consult with your doctor and buy the drug at the pharmacy yourself, then various complications that may affect the development of the fetus are possible in the future.
On the modern pharmaceutical market there are medicines and drugs that are allowed to take with cystitis in pregnant women – treatment should be carried out under the supervision of a physician. It is unacceptable in the first trimester to engage in self-treatment, since only a doctor can correctly advise what is possible for pregnant women with cystitis.
It is a popular herbal medicine and the first among the medicines prescribed by doctors, and therefore it can be taken in the first trimester of gestation. The drug reduces the degree of inflammation, relieves spasms and pain and improves urine flow.
The structure of Canephron includes:
- roots lovage medicinal;
- centaury grass;
- rosemary leaves;
- other substances (silicon dioxide, lactose monohydrate, corn starch).
The use of Kanefron helps to reduce pain when urinating in the ureter and bladder. Tablets need to be taken three times a day for two or more weeks – the duration depends on the severity of the disease.
You can not take Canephron, if you have a duodenal ulcer and stomach, as well as individual intolerance to the components.
The structure of Urolesan includes:
- castor, fir and mint oils;
- field carrot seeds;
- hop cones extract;
- oregano leaves.
The drug has anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic and diuretic effects. Normalization of the condition occurs 30 minutes after administration.
Contraindicated in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, gallbladder and biliary tract. This is one of the most effective means.
Another drug of plant origin, safe for pregnant women in the first trimester of gestation, is phytolysin.
It consists of:
- onions (his husks);
- birch leaves;
- wheatgrass roots;
- fenugreek seeds;
- essential oils (sage, mint, pine, orange).
Fitolysin has a specific taste that can induce vomiting, and if the patient has increased toxicosis, the doctor will not prescribe this medicine. If the medicine is prescribed, then it is correct to take it like this: squeeze out on a spoon and drink a glass of water.
Relatively safe drugs
There is also a group of drugs that can be given to pregnant women oxanabol oxandrolone, but with some reservations.
This drug is not used in the first trimester, but only from the second prescribed by the doctor and under his supervision. The drug is available in powder form, and it is enough to take it only once – at night, after emptying the bladder. Despite its effectiveness, it should be remembered that in the early stages it is undesirable to drink it.
The use of Furadonin, which is the most budgetary and one of the most effective drugs, for women in the early gestational period is permissible only on the basis of bacterial culture, which will show that it can cure inflammation. In addition, the drug causes nausea and headaches. It, like Nolitsin, is used with caution, as it is able to penetrate the placenta, causing fetal malformations. Furadonin is appointed to future mothers only in extreme cases.
What categorical can not
Tetracyclines and sulfonamides are extremely contraindicated for pregnant women. Their use to cure can harm the baby, regardless of the duration of pregnancy.
Nitroxoline should not be taken in the first trimester of pregnancy. However, it is considered relatively harmless to the second trimester, only under the supervision of a general practitioner and gynecologist.
At the initial stages of gestation, this antibiotic is contraindicated, as it can damage the health of the fetus. Even in the second half of pregnancy, the drug can penetrate the placenta and adversely affect the development of the baby.
Treatment of folk remedies
Treatment of folk remedies remains relevant to this day. This is explained by the fact that traditional methods are less harmful and, if they harm the health of the mother and the embryo, to a lesser extent than pharmaceutical medicines. But it should be understood that getting rid of cystitis in this way is possible only with the permission of the attending physician in complex therapy.
The most popular folk remedy for the elimination of the inflammatory process in the bladder is cranberry. And it is not surprising, because it contains acids and stanoprime substances that kill pathogenic bacteria and E. coli. The use of cranberry fruit drinks contributes to the oxidation of the environment in the stomach, and, as a result, the pathogens are not ways to be in it and are eliminated naturally. To prepare the fruit drink, you need to immerse the washed cranberries in a volume of 1/3 cup in water and leave to boil for about five minutes. After you need to mix everything with a blender and strain. Cranberry juice should be taken in the form of heat. Red currants and lingonberries can replace cranberries.
The popular recipes for cystitis are:
- Cranberry juice.
- Red rowan berries (3 tbsp. Spoons) and lingonberry leaves (1 tbsp. Spoon). Pour a glass of boiling water, insist three hours and strain. Infusion take 1/2 cup 3 times a day for half an hour before eating.
- Rose Hip Root. 2 chopped tablespoons of rosehip root pour a glass of boiled water, put in a water bath (pour water into a saucepan, put a thin towel on the bottom and put a jar of steamed grass on top of it), and leave for 15-25 minutes. Strain, use 3 times a day for 1/2 cup forty minutes before meals.
- A tablespoon of dill seeds is placed in a cup of boiling water and infused for half an hour. You should take this medicine for 1/3 cup half an hour before meals.
- Black currant has anti-inflammatory action. 7 tbsp. l leaves pour a glass of boiled water and insist 1 hour. Take the broth should be 1 spoon 6 times a day.
Folk remedies are effective in combating cystitis and are recognized not only by traditional medicine, but also by doctors. This safe treatment method has been used since ancient times. Also, the majority of pharmacy medicines recommended for women during this period are of natural origin. However, they cannot be used without the consent of the attending physician. The physician should be aware of all the drugs taken by the pregnant woman in the first trimester, since the fetus is very vulnerable during this period.
Herbal medicine is a herbal treatment. For this purpose, broths and infusions are drunk: unpeeled grains of oats, horsetail, dill, asparagus roots, rosehip and other medicinal plants. Greater effect is provided by herbal preparations consisting of a complex of medicinal herbs. They can be prepared independently according to the recipes given in this article in the section Popular methods. However, a prerequisite for their use is to consult with your doctor.
Phytopreparations can also be purchased at the pharmacy. There are also tablet forms of medicinal plants, for example, the drug Canephron, one of the most effective and safe for a woman and a fetus for a short time.
The pharmacy has a wide selection of herbs for cystitis:
- Herbal collection Baikal number 9;
In the acute form of the disease are allowed to use:
- corn silk;
- birch buds;
- flax seeds;
In case of chronic disease, they do not cure, but only remove the symptoms and reduce the inflammatory process such plant components as:
- lingonberry tea;
- juniper infusion;
- decoction of horsetail;
- liquorice root;
- urological collection of herbs.
The leaves and fruits of lingonberry, possessing a diuretic, immunomodulating, anti-inflammatory action are especially effective. At 0.5 liters of boiling water, brew 2 teaspoons of crushed ingredients. Insist two hours. Infusion should be taken on 1/3 cup three times a day.
In the chronic course of the disease, the use of medicinal herbs is widely popular and recognized.
More productive is a mixture of:
- flowers of willow-tea;
- cowberry leaves;
- chamomile flowers.
Natural components need to be taken in equal quantities. 1 tablespoon of the collection is poured with a liter of boiling water and insist two hours. Take half a glass several times a day.
Alternative methods (heating pad, bath, etc.)
In addition to medicines and antibiotics, the popular methods of treatment of cystitis in the people are widely used alternative methods of treatment at home.
The use of physiotherapy during a woman’s carrying a child is possible only with the permission of a specialist and in late periods. Only the use of electrophoresis is possible.
Thermal treatment, such as heating pads and baths, does not cure the disease itself, but it can reduce pain when urinating. To do this, take the usual heating pad or a bag of sand or cherry stones. It warms up to about 45 degrees Celsius. You can use a plastic bottle of hot water or immerse your feet in the bath. When using thermal procedures should exclude the high temperature of the patient and the spread of inflammation to other organs.
This method helps to eliminate pain when urinating.
But for pregnant women, this alternative method of treating inflammation of the bladder is prohibited. Early warming can cause bleeding and miscarriage. In late periods – preterm labor.
Better treatment can only be prevention. For a woman who is waiting for a child, the disease is easier and better to prevent than to eliminate.
The future mother should worry about the proper development of the baby, and therefore about her health, even before conception, and the treatment of cystitis is carried out at the planning stage of pregnancy. In order to avoid complications in the future, a woman should undergo a full medical examination and fix all problems. Especially it is necessary to cure or achieve long-term remission of chronic diseases of infectious nature, which, most likely, will definitely make themselves known at an early stage of pregnancy. Chronic infections should be cured before pregnancy, as well as lesions that are not related to the urogenital system, such as advanced caries or tonsillitis, can later cause cystitis.
It is necessary daily to wash in the morning and in the evening with extremely warm water with pH-neutral detergents. But hot baths are very dangerous – overheating and the presence of warm soapy water contributes to the resettlement of pathogenic microorganisms in the genitals.
In order to avoid cystitis, a pregnant woman should be attentive to her health and immunity. You should eat foods rich in vitamins, strengthen the immune system and avoid hypothermia and colds.
So, as a preventive measure to avoid cystitis in the early gestational period, the following rules should be followed:
- avoid colds and protect yourself from hypothermia, dress according to the weather, wear proper underwear, no low waist and nylon pantyhose;
- cure foci of infection, such as bad teeth, chronic diseases in the body, even at the planning stage of pregnancy;
- observe the rules of personal hygiene effect of masterbution on body building intimate places, wash several times a day;
- wear cotton underwear, no synthetics and thongs;
- you can not take a bath, you should wash in the shower (on the second and third gestational periods, the bath should not be hot, as this may cause uterine contraction); when a woman takes a bath, harmful microorganisms enter the urinary canal;
- eat right (a woman should eat fish, meat, fresh vegetables and fruits, dairy and dairy products – exclude fried, spicy, salty and smoked dishes) – you need to take more protein foods that help make a healthy and strong baby;
- drink liquids (fruit drinks, teas, water) in large quantities – drinking plenty of fluids helps to remove bacteria and toxins from the body;
- give up alcohol, citrus, coffee and carbonated drinks;
- to go to the toilet, even if there is no urge, every two hours – after all, when urine stagnates, pathogenic microorganisms multiply rapidly.
Influence of cystitis on fertility
Insidious cystitis can affect fertility – a woman’s ability to become pregnant. The inflammatory process takes place near the genital organs: the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes. Lack of treatment or neglect of this disease can lead to inflammation in the female genitals.
In some cases, cystitis is caused by pathogens of sexually transmitted diseases, for example, ureaplasmosis, chlamydia and others. These infections are insidious and require treatment for both partners, because if a woman recovers, the spouse will infect her again when they are near. If infections are not treated, they lead to infertility, and such cases are often found in gynecological practice.
For example, with the systematic manifestations of this disease in the fallopian tubes of a woman, adhesions may develop. In the future, they will have to be blown, otherwise the woman will not be able to become pregnant, since during ovulation, adhesions will interfere with the progress of spermatozoa to the goal.
So is it possible to get pregnant with cystitis and how to prevent infertility? The problem can not arise from the first time, but only with persistent chronic manifestations that are not treated by specialists. Therefore, it is impossible to self-medicate, getting rid of the main signs of the disease for a while, but it is necessary to go to the doctor.
From this video you can learn about the features of the treatment of cystitis in early and late pregnancy.